Bangkok, Thailand, 27 February 2018 – The Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning (OTP) in cooperation with TCC organised the “Preparation Workshop for Nationally Determined Contribution Action Plan (NDC) in Transport Sector” at Anantara Siam Bangkok.
The workshop goal was to review the current status, targets and gaps in connection with the transport sector’s role in Thailand’s NDC, and to exchange and share recommendations for closing the gaps as a first step towards NDC action plan formulation.
The workshop started with opening remarks by the Director General of OTP; Mr. Chaiwat Thongkamkoon, and was followed by a presentation from Mrs. Chutinthorn Mankhong; Chief of Sustainable Transport Promotion Division, OTP. She gave an overview of GHG emissions from Thailand’s transport sector and showed the NDC target in transport sector as well as current policies and actions from Ministry of Transport.
With this background from Thailand, transportation experts from GIZ also shared their knowledge and experience in NDC development and with strategies to tackle transport and climate change issues, including a presentation on ‘Mobilising NDCs Ambitious Climate Strategies in Transport’ and ’Overview of Thailand’s transport and climate change policy gap analysis’. Furthermore, a panel of GIZ experts from different projects shared results of their studies, best practices, lesson learned and recommendations toward NDC action plan formulation including the issues on fuel economy, urban mobility and green freight.
This workshop has been a beginning step towards action plan formulation. TCC will cooperate with OTP in developing the NDC action plan for transport sector. The NDC action plan for transport sector is expected to be completed with support from relevant stakeholders by the 24th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 24) on December this year.
- Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) In Transport sector, Chutinthorn Mankhong
- Mobilising NDCs Ambitious Climate Strategies in Transport, Frederik Strompen
- Transport and Climate Change Policy Gap Analysis, Gessarin Gunthawong
- Moving Fuel Economy Policy Forward in Thailand, Friedel Sehlleier
- Instruments to implement NDCs National Urban Mobility Programmes, Frederik Strompen
- Sustainable Freight Transport and Logistic in Mekong Sub-region, Wilasinee Poonuchaphai